The Story of a Love

This is the story of a real romance, between a man and a woman, seen solely from the perspective of the man. The story is reported live, as it happens. The outcome is not clear - could go either way. If you are here the first time, the blog should be read from the end, to get the "whole story" in the right timeline sequence.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The 2nd "real" meeting

I knew it would eventually happen. But I had not thought it would happen so soon... She had just returned from the stay with her partner. Back in town, she had read my emails, and replied. We had decided to keep our friendship, but exclude talking about relationship. Fine with me.

As I leave my office building in the evening, I see her walking down the street. First I was not sure if it is really her - the coincidence would have been quite something; and since I have seen her so rarely, I do not yet have the picture of "her walking in the street" in my visual memory. But she works just a few blocks away... and yes, it is her, the beautiful long hair, the straight slender body, the tastefully chic clothes. She passes by on the street just as I wal down the stairs on the opposite site. I cross the street towards her. She is surprised. But positively. She immediately moves towards me, and - we briefly hug. Initiative here from her - I actually was confused on what to do...

She is not allowed to see me, as she tells me, but she is clearly happy that we met. She suggests that we could go for a coffee. So we walk to the town center, where people sit out in street cafes, enjoying the warm summer evening sun. We find an empty table, order our coffee, and just talk. I hear about her Egypt trip. About her trouble at work. I tell about my travels. We do not mention any relationship issues...

So nice to talking to her, to sit across her, to look into each other's face and smile. A friend of her stops by. Now she cannot keep it a secret that we met - the friend also knows her partner. I feel sorry for having again brought her into this situation - it was not deliberate...

When we leave, we again hug briefly. She seemed just to wait for a hug, no resistance at all, even in front of all the people in the cafe. I would have hugged her longer... but my respect for her situation stopped me from kissing her.

A memorable evening. I am already thinking what negative consequences it will have this time. Last time there was the almost break-up with her partner, and the disaster then the day after. How will it continue this time?

I am tired of making conclusions from her behavior... but it is clear that she feels something for me. I will see ...

In a week I have another chance to talk to my wife. Maybe, if this story here is finally set to be on the right track, I can scrape together all my hope and courage, and tell her about this story. So far, most of this has been in my mind. If it now becomes a concrete reality, then there is finally something to show, some alternative to my ever-present sadness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home