The Story of a Love

This is the story of a real romance, between a man and a woman, seen solely from the perspective of the man. The story is reported live, as it happens. The outcome is not clear - could go either way. If you are here the first time, the blog should be read from the end, to get the "whole story" in the right timeline sequence.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

bummer

So what am I supposed to do? What was I supposed to do?
After that wonderful meeting 2 weeks ago, - nothing.
I thought that is was clear that she liked me... the shy tender hugs, even in public, in front of the Cafe...
Ok, I must have again misunderstood something....

No meeting since then. I wanted to help her with some things at her work, but she declined. I hesitated to call her... but I sent SMS. She acted surprised... referred to our agreement that SMS are only for relationships... ok, I get it.

And then, just this Friday, her email that she will soon celebrate her 2nd anniversary with her partner, and they will go on a very romantic trip.

Ok, there is nothing more clear than that. Only a blind idiot (like me, for example) could still find a grain of hope in that...

I did not reply to that email. Nor do I intend to. I will just leave it unanswered. And I will look for something / somebody else.

There is just this tiny little problem: that I am crazy in love with her. No other woman even comes close. Sure, I look, keep the eyes open. I see many women, pretty ones, smart ones, sexy ones, modest ones, every one unique and beautiful in her own way. But I cannot bring myself to develop any feeling for any of them... as long as I am still in love. So I am paralysed here, stuck in that place.

In a love without a relationship. And in a relationship without love (my marriage). I am really stuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home