The Story of a Love

This is the story of a real romance, between a man and a woman, seen solely from the perspective of the man. The story is reported live, as it happens. The outcome is not clear - could go either way. If you are here the first time, the blog should be read from the end, to get the "whole story" in the right timeline sequence.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A final shock.

This Wednesday, 4:45pm, a message popup on my computer showed an incoming email from her. She must be back from her anniversary trip. The brief line excerpt included the fragments "... he proposed to me".

My heart stopped for a moment, my lung stopped breathing, it felt as if I was dead for one second. Then I reassembled myself quickly - I was in the midst of a meeting, so I could not read the whole email after the popup had disappeared.

As soon as I was alone, I read the whole email from her. Not very long. It included the words "it was great" and, yes, "he proposed to marry me".

No word about if she had accepted this proposal... so there is still some hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home