The Story of a Love

This is the story of a real romance, between a man and a woman, seen solely from the perspective of the man. The story is reported live, as it happens. The outcome is not clear - could go either way. If you are here the first time, the blog should be read from the end, to get the "whole story" in the right timeline sequence.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Invitation - for a coffee!

After more than a year, she finally "issued" an invitation to meet for a coffee.

Last week I had resisted the temptation, and I remained silent. Then as the weekend approached, I could not keep my hands from the keyboard away, and I sent her a short email. Nothing special, just asking how things were. She replied, and she offered to meet for a coffee sometime. Last year, I had tried hard to meet with her, as she struggled to find a way coping with this new and strange "friendship". But now we know each other already for more than a year, and it could be about time that we have an informal meeting. The "fronts" have been set clearly. The limits have been established. In my emails I mentioned her wedding, but she did not answer my questions. What does that mean? Probably nothing.

I know that this meeting will result in nothing. She is on her way to get married, with the guy of her choice. But she still wants me around somehow, and she feels probably now more secure in dealing with me than she did last year. Well, ok, so what should I do?

I have decided that we would meet today. Yesterday I sent her a brief note that I would be available, and this morning I got the reply that she would be available too - so we actually will meet again! Last time I saw her was last June...

Under any point of view of consideration, it is about time to "normalize" this relationship. To take it down from that fuzzy nebulous area of phantasy into the real world. Even if that means to face the reality, that there is no hope.

But there is always a potential for a "normal" solid simple friendship. I am willing to dare that. I am willing to get disappointed, as so often... and I will meet her today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home